Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Introduction

Welcome to my humble blog!  This is intended to be primarily a book blog, although I do plan on having occasional posts on other subjects.  I'm Thalia, pseudonymously named after the Greek Muse of comedy and the Grace of feasts and cooking.  I love cooking and making people laugh, so it's really an apropos choice.

My training is in history and library science, although I'm currently waiting tables and working two volunteer gigs.  I officially finish grad school next month, although I completed all my coursework back in April (don't ask).  If you know of anyone who needs a librarian or historian, my rates are affordable.  I accept cash, check, money order, Visa, Master Card, Discover, or chocolate. :)  I live in a major-ish city in the Midwest United States, which I love dearly and hope to find a job here so I don't have to move.

I'm an avid reader, although I haven't had time to read as much lately as I'd like.  I'm looking forward to 2013, during which time I plan on reading numerous classics of Western civilization and becoming a better-educated person.  I like the educational theories of Charlotte Mason and classical education and plan on using these principles on myself because I read a lot of entertaining but poorly-written books and I'd like to read more classics.

A link to my commonplace book and personal library catalog can be found on the right sidebar.  I use LibraryThing for all my cataloging needs (I'm known as casvelyn over there), although I'm also on Goodreads.

No comments:

Post a Comment